Cut winter costs by reducing top and shoulder waste
Designed for use with a conventional, high quality silage sheet such as Visqueen Agrisheet, Visqueen Clingseal is a new, flexible clamp film that is used directly beneath traditional, heavier silage sheeting. It is applied to the silage clamp before the application of the uppermost silage sheeting and any weights.
Being thinner and therefore more flexible than standard silage sheets it 'clings' closely to the contours of the clamp surface and 'tucks-in' more at the sides. As such it helps eliminate air pockets and provides a close fitting air barrier to significantly reduce top and shoulder losses from aerobic spoilage. It also provides an additional oxygen barrier.
- New generation clamp sheet to complement conventional silage sheeting:
- Thinner and more flexible – clings to the surface of the clamp
- Reduces air pockets to enhance the effectiveness of conventional sheeting
- A more effective air seal aids quicker fermentation of silage
- Reduces top and shoulder losses in the clamp - greater returns on the forage harvest
- A better air seal makes for better silage quality – better silage means better returns on live-weight gain and milk yield
- Suitable for a variety of crops including grass, maize, whole crop silage and crimped grain
- Ideal for moist crops with a greater potential for spoilage